Antonine Univeristy (UA) is a Lebanese Catholic institution dedicated to developing the talents of our youths in the joy of truth. It accompanies them in acquiring knowledge, expertise and life skills, thus enabling them to become women and men qualified to serve society.
The University accomplishes this mission with the respect for diversity, ethical rectitude and demand for excellence. It promotes contextualized scientific research and professionalism animated by innovation
The Social Affairs Assistant is responsible for accompanying students to promote their social integration and success at the university in its three campuses. It also works with other university services to implements information, awareness-raising, support and social assistance schemes with the aim of successfully integrating students and/or preventing them from dropping out.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Follows students’ social fund (file management, financial follow-up, student responses, file classification...);
- Ensures individual and social follow-up of students (interviews, listening sessions, phone calls, etc.), when demanded;
- Provides information and guidance to students based on their identified situations, when needed;
- Prepares the discount list (detailed with references);
- Checks and updates: sibling waivers, grants, new students’ ID;
- Follows-up continuously all SIS lists, excel sheets and hard copies to ensure compatibility of information included;
- Duplicates waivers terms and adds them on excel sheets (per waivers);
- Handles filing system: re-uploading students’ old waivers on SIS, entering data of waivers, creating waivers on Excel to facilitate upload on SIS;
- Follows up on every student waivers to ensure errors avoidance;
- Sends reports (flat amount) to accounting department;
- Prepares statistic reports (waiver, personal and family info, etc.);
- Participates in prevention and awareness actions, when demanded;
- Performs any other job-related duties as assigned.
- BA in Management, Social Science, or related field. A Masters is a plus.
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years of experience directly related to the specified main duties and responsibilities. Experience in a higher education institution is preferred.
Skills & Competencies
- Good knowledge of financial aid policies and procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact effectively with diverse population (students, parents, etc.) and service oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to operate specific information system required.
- Location: UA main campus, Hadat-Baabda
- Employee status: FT employee
- Schedule: Full-time
Monday to Friday: from 7:45 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
Saturday: from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 non (2 Saturdays per month)
- Job Code: BASAOF010
- Work is performed in an office setting; the work may require occasional standing or walking between offices and carrying small objects
- Interested candidates should e-mail their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the job title in the subject line.
- Application deadline: June 30, 2020.
Antonine University is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.