Antonine Univeristy (UA) is a Lebanese Catholic institution dedicated to developing the talents of our youths in the joy of truth. It accompanies them in acquiring knowledge, expertise and life skills, thus enabling them to become women and men qualified to serve society.
The University accomplishes this mission with the respect for diversity, ethical rectitude and demand for excellence. It promotes contextualized scientific research and professionalism animated by innovation.
Provides all administrative supports to the Faculty of Sports Sciences and maintains the compliance with academic policies, processes and procedures. Serves as primary point of operational and administrative contact with teachers, students and other stakeholders and coordinates several activities and events organized by the department (workshops, seminars, students’ activities, etc.)
Main duties and responsibilities
- Provides administrative support for managing the Faculty schedule/calendar, screening and handling telephone communications, greeting and directing visitors, and dealing with administrative problems and inquiries as appropriate;
- Serves as a primary point of direct administrative contact and liaison with other offices, individuals, and other external stakeholders;
- Coordinate the department’s meetings, conferences, and events as requested by scheduling and coordinating dates and times, venues, attendance, agendas, and facilities; takes minutes of meeting, if demanded, and provides administrative support and follow-up on matters arising from meetings.
- Creates and maintains administrative documentation; prepares many types of reports (statistical, grades, absences, etc.), letters, academic circulars (after General Secretariat review), memos, and other written correspondence and materials;
- Prepares the course offering process (including classrooms reservations, etc.);
- Schedules and coordinate remedial sessions: circulars, SIS, evidence of absence;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- BA in Management, Public Relations, or related field. A Masters is a plus.
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years of experience directly related to the specified main duties and responsibilities. Experience in a higher education institution is preferred.
Skills & Competencies
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively interact with diverse population (students, staff, teachers) and service oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent keyboarding skills
- Ability to use specific information system required (SIS).
- Location: UA main campus, Hadat-Baabda
- Employee status: contractual (3 months: from March 1st. to May 31, 2020)
- Schedule: Full-time (from 7:45 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.)
- Job Code: BAFSS010
- Work is performed in an office setting; the work may require occasional standing or walking between offices and carrying small objects
- Interested candidates should e-mail their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the job title in the subject line.
- Application deadline: Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Antonine University is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.